Saturday, June 14, 2014

wax wings sun water

"hi, i'm Icarus, i'm falling"

i am falling and these wings of mine are useless as shit. the sea is below me and it looks cold as f&$% and i'm scared. i don't want to fall Dad. i don't want to die Dad.

"hi, i'm Icarus, i'm falling"

she looks so beautiful and when i look at her my heart feels like it's plummeting. i know that i can't let myself go but i can't help myself. she is the sun. i am wax.

"hi, i'm Icarus, i'm falling"

i am climbing mount olympus to find the gods but i'm at the top and all i see are clouds. i hope they're hiding. i want them to be responsible for my fate. i don't want to be responsible for my stupidity.

"hi, i'm Icarus, i'm falling"

the sea is getting closer and i can almost feel the cold. so i turn to face the sun, i turn to face my Dad crying in anguish. he said to fly low. but i just wanted to soar.

"hi, i'm Icarus, i'm falling"




"hi, i'm Icarus, i'm fal




2 comments:

  1. Love this whole idea, with Icarus. It's a great metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the sun, I am wax
    That line killed me in a good way

    ReplyDelete