Wednesday, June 18, 2014

blue blood and red wine

if you saw the blood that flows in my veins
maybe you'd remember how beautiful i was on the inside
see this blood was royal and had notes of blue
but you tainted it with the nicotine that traced your breath
it pumped through my heart when you kissed my neck
my blood slowed down when your lips brushed alcohol
but it never stopped flowing darling because you said i was like wine
because it knew when you murmured my name to him
because it moved when you told him that my lips were soft
but it halted when you kissed him and my heart stopped


it's been two months and i don't know how i'm living
because this blood is cold and its barely moving


but your's is burning and it's .08 precent wine
at least i'm in your blood like your in mine
their both pumping as result of our mistakes
but yours is hot and mine is frozen and yours i crave
so pour me a glass of your boiling elixir to warm my blood
i'll toast to our health and to our broken hearts love
and i'll knock it back and feel it burn in my veins
with your hand on my chest you'll feel the pumps begin
and i'll wish you wanted a glass of me to feel us again
but i know you'd never drink it cause it was never sweet like his
so i'll just savor the cup of you i had and let my veins feel warm and sore
and your red will make this blue blood beautiful once more






1 comment:

  1. "at least i'm in your blood like your in mine"
    This line hit me and this was all so good.
    I love everything you write.

    ReplyDelete