Sunday, June 1, 2014

i don't smoke



i'm sad you left when you did

because i was just about to tell you everything
i was going to tell you that i love the taste of your mouth after you smoke
i was going to tell you that i didn't really like that band as much as you did
i was going to tell you that i hate hiking

more than anything

i was going to tell you about the time i drove to Portland in one day just to get a donut
i was going to tell you that at night i wonder if you talk in your sleep
i was going to tell you why i was always hesitant to talk to you in the halls
i was going to tell you that you look sexiest in a white tee and black skinny jeans

i was going to tell you that i love you

but you walked away before i could utter a word
and now these words seem meaningless yet i want to hold onto them
but i can't
i have to let them go

because you left too soon

6 comments:

  1. Who are you because i like your writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also curious as to who you are. And like Erin said, "The summer blog list is making me smile so far, and I wish all of you with the pen names would trust us enough to tell us your names, but I guess that'll come with time."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also curious as to who you are. And like Erin said, "The summer blog list is making me smile so far, and I wish all of you with the pen names would trust us enough to tell us your names, but I guess that'll come with time."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh darnit, sorry for the double comment.

      Delete
  4. "at night i wonder if you talk in your sleep."

    I don't know why I loved this so much. I guess it's the small things that make people, people you know?

    I like your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was probably the most perfect thing I have read in a long time.

    ReplyDelete